I was sitting with my 19th boss in 23 years and an egotistical VP of sales that I didn’t much care for but who had been put in charge of an account I had spent my entire career building.
Then the bombshell was dropped…they were going to be transitioning my largest account that I had built for 23 years to a younger sales exec that had recently started.
Just like that, ⅓ of my future income was taken off my plate. I was also told they were putting me on a performance plan due to non-compliance.
I was leaving the next day to care for my dying mother in Alaska and in the Seattle airport on my layover I called my hubby and said “babe, I’m not going back!”
That’s the day I officially “hired myself”
I am not talking to you serial entrepreneurs right now who have never worked for someone else.
I am talking to the solopreneurs out there like me.
Do you believe that you have skills unique to you that you can use to serve others?
I am a recovering corporate executive and knew I had a major employee mindset I had to overcome.
Unfortunately statistically, most small business owners and solo – entrepreneurs start their business, but really just end up trading one hamster wheel for another and don’t get out of that paycheck to paycheck lifestyle.
At Lisa Williams Co, we arm you with tools and resources to get off the hamster wheel and launch a business that gets you out of the dreaded paycheck to paycheck cycle.
How to get out of that employee Mjndset? Here are 6 things that have helped me:
- Decide right now to be your #1 employee…show up every day. Take your business more seriously than you did your day job.
- Journal every day…with 3 goals to accomplish every day. They can be small but be sure you do this. This part is crucial as you will be able to go back and realize what you have accomplished.
- Become a student of the cash flow quadrant
- Hire a mentor…what you pay for you put time and energy into. It doesn’t have to be much at first, maybe a group coaching class or networking group, but make that commitment to yourself. (Join our coaching class!)
- Surround yourself with people that have already found success…raise the bar on your association.
- Have an accountability group. I have a master mind that meets every week and we are all in different businesses but support one another and hold one another accountable.
- Let go of past hurts.
This last one is a big and may seem incongruent with business but WOW does it have an impact.
I’d Love to Connect with You!
P.S. If you liked this newsletter and genius from our guest, please share with your community… forward it to a friend who always challenges YOU to grow. I hope you have at least one of those people in your life!
P.S.S. Do you have a desire to create a business of your own but have no clue where to start? Come join us at www.perfectsidegigs.com and explore the amazing world of business building and entrepreneurship. Let us help you discover the person you were MEANT to become!